Pages

3.1.11

Social Media Holiday

This is my first time logging on or posting to any of my Social Media since December 19th. No 12 step program, just cold turkey.

There is something satisfying in this time of information overload to be able to shut off the data stream. There are times when the amount of information I consume on a daily basis is way more than I can take action on...making me feel like I'm not doing enough. In reality, I'm just taking in more data than I can process.

I spent time over the holidays watching a few "drive in" movies from the 70's, and it struck me how little information we consumed then...but we seemed just as happy, if not more. Maybe we are not better off having constant contact.

Next chance to disconnect will be the spring trip to the islands. But until then, I'll log back on and crank up the sarcasm!